- Performance of a Contract. The use of your personal information may be necessary to perform a contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services, we’ll use your information to carry out our obligations under the contract that we have with you.
- Legitimate Interests. We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best content for the Site, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our Site, and for internal security, trend analysis, system administration, traffic assessment, and legal purposes.
2. COLLECTED INFORMATION
We collect a limited amount of information in connection with the use of the Site. The following is a description of what information is collected:
Registration Information. We do not collect registration information. Visitors to our Site are not required to register in order to access the information on our Site. There may be third party features of our Site, which could require a separate registration. In that case, you should review the applicable privacy policies of these third party features before providing any of personal information via our Site. Centene UK is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small files that communicate with third parties and are embedded in web pages, ads, or in promotional communications. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns of our visitors. You can disable the ability of web beacons to store cookie information by declining cookies. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor, or share any personal information about visitors to our Sites. They are merely designed to compile usage data, which we define as aggregate information, anonymized information, or information that is publicly available and not combined with non-public personal information.
Other Technologies. Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service when visitors come to the Site include:
- Web Session Variables. Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser plug-ins/add-ons. Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on the Site. You have the option not to install these components.
3. WHO COLLECTS THIS INFORMATION
Centene UK collects the information described above via the Site. In the case of third party features such as advertising, co-branded areas, or links to other websites, such third parties may also collect information. You should review the applicable privacy policies of these third parties before providing personal information. Centene UK is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
4. HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED
Government Authorities and Litigation. Sometimes a law, court order, or other judicial or administrative process requires us to provide information to a government authority or party to a private lawsuit. We will provide the information that we in good faith believe is required to comply with the law, order, or other process. While Centene UK will only provide such information that we in good faith believe is required to comply with the law, order, or other legal process, we may disclose certain personal information if:
- The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) requests it;
- National security or law enforcement requirements mandate it;
- We are required to bring, or defend against, litigation or any regulatory proceeding between, or relating to, you and us; and
- We have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users, visitors, or users of the Site, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
5. WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
We do not disclose any personal information to third parties. The only scenarios under which we would disclose personal information to third parties are as follows: (1) the ICO requests it; (2) national security or law enforcement requirements mandate it; (3) we are required to bring, or defend against, litigation or any regulatory proceeding between, or relating to, you and us; or (4) we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users, visitors, or users of the Site, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. If at some point in the future time, we wish to disclose your personal information outside of the above scenarios, we will only do so with your consent.
7. LINK TO OTHER SITES
Please be advised that if you disclose personal information through discussion forums, message boards, chat rooms, or blogs whose access is provided by Centene UK, this information may be collected and used by others. We do not monitor these public spaces and take no responsibility for the security or confidentiality of any information posted thereon.
8. SECURITY PROCEDURES WE USE
We deploy a combination of reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, tampering, alteration, and unauthorized destruction of any personal information. We follow generally accepted security standards in our operations to protect the security of personal information, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the personal information we process, taking into account the relative risks involved and the nature of the personal information in question. Unfortunately, with any transmission over the Internet, there is always some element of risk involved with personal information. If you have any questions about the security procedures Centene UK maintains or Centene UK’s privacy practices, you can contact our Privacy Manager at COMPLIANCE@CENTENE.COM. We will respond in a timely manner to your request.
9. VISITING OUR SITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
11. POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN
The Site is not directed to children under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not seek, nor do we knowingly process, personal information from children under the age of sixteen (16). If you think that we have processed personal information from a child under the age of sixteen (16), please contact our Privacy Manager immediately at COMPLIANCE@CENTENE.COM and we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
12. CONTACT INFORMATION
Centene UK Limited
Attn: Privacy Manager
St. Louis, MO 63105